Josef A. Czako is the Founder of Moving Forward Consulting, being a visionary, and searching how to apply innovations. He actively advocates and markets policy development and project deployment of smart and intelligent projects for Sustainable Mobility in inter-urban and urban transport across Europe, United States of America, South America, Russia and CIS Countries, India, Asia, and Australia.
J. Czako has long term experience as an industry and consultancy professional for both, Road Transport and Public Transport, including:
- Road Finance with Electronic Toll Collection (ETC), Road User Charging (RUC), MLFF (Multi-Lane/FreeFlow), ORT (Open Road Tolling), Road Pricing, Mobility Pricing, or Congestion Charging; in conjunction with PPP/P3 (Public Private Partnership) or BOT (Build-Operate-Transfer) Schemes.
- ITS Applications Private cars and Heavy Good Vehicles (HGV)
- Mobility of People and Goods
- Road Safety
- Electronic Ticketing
J. Czako’s has worked in the industry for major key players, such as Leybold Heraeus, Robert Bosch, INIT, Cubic Transportation, cmc3, Buscom, or Kapsch TrafficCom.
His skills cover Consultancy, Marketing, Sales, Business Development, Engineering, Manufacturing, Automation, IT & ICT, ITS, Training, Coaching, and lectures about ITS at several European Universities.
J. Czako is a frequent speaker at major Conferences, and has supported global transport and traffic associations, such as:
- Asecap – Association of European Road Concessionaires – Brussels: Member of Steering Committee
- Connect Baltica (Estonia), and Connect South East (Bulgaria): Board Member
- DNS – Dialogforum Nutzerfinanzierung Strasse – Berlin/Germany: Founding and Board Member
- EduNet – International Education Network
- ERF – European Road Federation
- Ertico – ITS Europe: Member of the Strategy Committee, Vice Chair of Travel & Transport Sector
- IBTTA – International Bridge, Turnpike and Tunnel Association: Member of various Committees
- IRF – International Road Federation – Geneva: Chair ITS Policy Committee, Executive Committee
- IRU – International Road Transport Union
- kontiki – Working Group in Contactless Smart Card Systems – Frankfurt/Germany: Founding and Board Member
- National ITS Associations in Europe, Asia, and Russia
- POLIS – Network of European cities and regions
- UNECE – Economic Commission for Europe